Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

I made the most DELICIOUS treat tonight!  I have never made stuffed mushrooms before.  This recipe is deceptively simple - only 3 ingredients and a few minutes of preparation and cooking.  But it literally is in the top two best-tasting dishes I have ever made for myself!

The recipe is from all recipes.com.

I sautéed a pound of hot pork sausage that we got from our CSA (I only used half a pound).


I pulled all the stems out of 8 oz of mushrooms to create the caps (this is 4 oz).


When the meat was done I put half a pound of it in a bowl and added 8 oz of cream cheese.


I mixed it until it formed a delicious mess.


Then I plopped some of the cheese-sausage filling in each of the mushroom caps (this is half the recipe).


I broiled the caps in our toaster oven for 3 minutes and they were finished!


So easy and so delectable!


I was shocked by how good they were!!


I was making like an orgasm-face on my last bite and my husband tried to capture it, but I started cracking up before he could.


My husband enjoyed the caps but said he could feel his arteries hardening.  This is why I love living low-carb - because fat is good and we don't have to fear it while we're restricting carbs!


There were an obscene number of calories in the caps though, for just four (1/4 of the recipe)!

327 calories
26.2 g fat
3.8 g carbs (0.6 g fiber, 1.4 g sugar)
15.8 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment