Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Half of Americans Drink Sugary Beverages Every Day

Scary stats on soda and sugary drink consumption!  I have never been able to drink carbonated beverages so soda has never been my issue.  Before I started this project, I would have the occasional sports beverage or cup of juice, but it was never anywhere near a daily occurrence or a noticeable fraction of my caloric intake.  When we were in college, my husband had a real soda addiction - he drank the equivalent of at least 2 cans of soda at lunch and dinner and more on evenings when he stayed up late to study.  Thankfully after he had to start paying separately for soda he cut it down to only a few cans per week.  My father also has an addiction to sugary beverages, although it has switched from soda to iced tea to other types of drinks through his life.  This is such an insidious addiction!  I'm so grateful that carbonation kept me from drinking these products, because I know sugar is a problem for me and I probably would be addicted too.

No comments:

Post a Comment