Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hand-Waving Over a Bad Period

Wow, it's been a while since my last update!  I have had a crazy month of traveling/doing stuff on weekends, which has made me exhausted for the weeks.  Instead of writing like 15 individual posts, I'm going to gloss over what's been going on.

While away from home, I tried to eat low-carb, which I did pretty successfully.  I ate 2-3 times per day instead of my usual 5ish, which meant I got pretty full during my meals.

While at home, I had many days where I overate on semi-on plan foods.  Peanut butter was a chief offender.  I also ate a bunch of Cheezits, Doritos, and tortilla chips on a few days when they were hanging around the house.  Those foods are ok because they contain very little sugar but not ok because they have a lot of carbs.  I basically just didn't care.  My weight didn't increase right away so I felt like I was getting away with something.

I didn't exercise much in the latter part of the month.  I got mildly sick for a few days so I didn't want to work out during that time.

I got up to 134.0 lbs on September 21, 2011, which was a real wake-up call.  After a few days eating on-plan I've gotten back down to my pre-September weight, more or less.  So not too much damage done except for time lost.

To get back on plan I had to remind myself why I'm trying to lose weight at all - namely, to not get Type II diabetes or gestational diabetes.  I also set a new vanity goal for myself - to be in a size 4 dress by the time my 50 Pounds in 50 Weeks project ends.  Maybe I'll even get to wear a sexy dress like this one!


Now that I'm back on the right track, I will post the details of my last few days since I actually have accurate food stats.

10 September 2011 - in Flagstaff, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment